Summary Documents Highlight Evidence for Food Fortification
- Economic impact of iron deficiency and brain and spine birth defects (also called neural tube defects)
- Effectiveness of fortifying flour with folic acid to prevent brain and spine birth defects
- Effectiveness of fortifying flour with iron to prevent iron deficiency
- Effectiveness of fortifying wheat flour to reduce prevalence of anemia
- Evidence for fortifying wheat flour with folic acid and vitamin b12
- Rice fortification evidence, status, and lessons learned
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Top Photo Credit: Edea @ Flickr Creative Commons. Photo taken in Cameroon where the national, mandatory wheat flour fortification program led to an improvement in iron, zinc, folate, and vitamin B12 status among women and children in urban areas.