FFI Vision, Mission and Values
Vision: Smarter, stronger, healthier people worldwide by improving vitamin and mineral nutrition.
Mission: Champion effective fortification of industrially milled flour and rice globally through multi-sector partnerships.
Values: Our core value is public-private-civic partnerships. Every sector should be included throughout the fortification process because every group’s expertise is needed for successful programs. This principle applies at the national, regional, and global levels.
Six values guide our work. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Equity: People should have equal access to the health benefits of fortification. This is one reason we encourage mandatory fortification.
- Evidence-based: Our work is based on robust scientific evidence and successful experiences.
- Integrity: We make decisions and take actions that benefit the ultimate stakeholders – the consumers whose health will improve through better nutrition.
- Shared vision: Creating common interests and a sense of shared purpose with our partners so that when fortification is successful, the victory belongs to everyone.
- Sustainability: Fortification must be on-going to be effective. Therefore, we help countries institutionalize fortification into national food production, policy and control systems, without the need for on-going external support.
- Transparency: Our networks, materials and expertise are openly available. Our funding process is clear so that our partners can see and trust our work.
Women and children are the groups most likely to benefit when vitamins and minerals are added to staples such as wheat flour, maize products, and whole-kernel rice. Cambodia photo by Meg Ivankovich.