Our Vision, Mission and Values
Vision: Smarter, stronger, healthier people worldwide by improving vitamin and mineral nutrition.
Mission: Support fortification of industrially milled cereal grains by collaborating with multi-sector partners.
Values: Six values guide our work. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Equity: People who consume industrially milled cereal grains should have equal access to the health benefits of fortification, regardless of their socio-economic status or the source of their grains, which is one reason we encourage mandatory fortification policies.
- Integrity: We are committed to making decisions and taking actions that will benefit the ultimate stakeholders – the consumers whose health will improve through better nutrition.
- Public-private-civic partnerships: Partners representing every sector should be included in all phases of the fortification process because we can accomplish more together than any partner can achieve alone. This applies at the national, regional, and global levels.
- Shared success: When fortification is successful, the victory belongs to everyone, and all partners deserve recognition.
- Sustainability: Fortification is a preventive measure that must be on-going to be effective. Therefore we help countries institutionalize fortification into national food production, policy and control systems, without the need for on-going external support.
- Transparency: Our networks, materials and expertise are openly available. Our funding process is clear so that our integrity is visible and our partners can see and trust our work.
Women and children are the groups most likely to benefit when vitamins and minerals are added to staples such as wheat flour, maize products, and whole-kernel rice. Cambodia photo by Meg Ivankovich.