GiveWell, a nonprofit dedicated to finding outstanding giving opportunities, has ranked FFI as a "standout charity." Individuals can donate online here.
The National Foundation for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Inc. (CDC Foundation), a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) public charity, serves as the grant administrator for most financial contributions to FFI. Its Federal Tax Identification Number is 58-2106707. For more information on how to donate to FFI, please contact Rob Abraham, Senior Advancement Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contributions to FFI allow us to provide technical assistance to governments and industry for planning, implementing and monitoring sustainable fortification programs.
In 2017 our contributions were USD 2.06 million. We are grateful to the following supporters:
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs ‡
- Bühler Group ‡
- Cargill, Inc. ‡
- Emory University * ‡
- GiveWell ‡
- Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) ‡
- Interflour Group PTE, Ltd. ‡
- International Association of Operative Millers (IAOM) * ‡
- International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus * ‡
- National Philanthropic Trust ‡
- Nutrition International‡, formerly known as Micronutrient Initiative
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion ‡
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities ‡
In addition, a matching grant program known as Smarter Futures supports work in Africa. Smarter Futures partners include AkzoNobel, Helen Keller International, the International Federation for Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus (IF), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, and FFI.
The blend of vitamins and minerals added to grain products during fortification is called premix. We do not endorse any premix manufacturer. We invite all interested premix companies to sponsor lunches, receptions, or coffee breaks at our events, but to avoid conflicts of interest, we limit annual contributions from premix suppliers. Premix companies are also not represented on the Executive Management Team.
FFI Annual Reports