International Congress of Nutrition
15 October 2017 - 20 October 2017
Location: Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel and Convention Center, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Helena Pachón, Food Fortification Initiative Nutrition Science Liaison, will make an oral presentation at the following events. Contact her at email@example.com if you would like to schedule more time to discuss the topics in English or Spanish.
- Scaling Up Rice Fortification in Latin America and the Caribbean, Sunday, 15 October at 14:00 in Room 11 - Golden Horn
- Food Fortification: A New Vision for an Old Problem, Tuesday, 17 October at 17:00 in Room 12 - Atalaya
- Alignment of wheat and maize flour fortification standards with World Health Organization recommendations in countries with mandatory fortification, Thursday, 19 October at 15:00 in Room 1 - San Telmo
Also visit the poster presentation about the new Global Fortification Data Exchange (GFDx) on Tuesday, 17 October, from 8:00 to 9:00 on Touch Screen 14, Track 3. Number 144/1828.
The theme of the scientific program for this International Congress of Nutrition is “From Sciences to Nutrition Security.” The aim is to encourage the exchange of knowledge to improve nutrition security. The pillars of the preliminary program are:
- Advances in Nutrition Research
- Nutrition Through Life Course
- Public Health Nutrition and Environment
- Nutrition and Management of Diseases
- Nutrients and Nutritional Assessment
- Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
- Food culture practices and Nutritional Education
- Agriculture, Food Science and Safety
Click here for more information on the complete program.