WHO Guideline Development Meeting: Optimal Blood Folate
23 September 2013 - 25 September 2013
Location: World Health Organization headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland
The guideline development group is to advise WHO on the following:
- The interpretation of evidence for establishing cut-offs in serum and red blood cells at the individual at public health level, with explicit consideration of the overall balance of risks and benefits.
- The formulation of final draft recommendations.
- Determine the strength of these recommendations, considering the balance of evidence for benefits and harms, and taking into account costs, values and preferences.
- Define implications for research in the areas discussed.
- Agree on a ‘review by’ date for the discussed guidelines, considering on-going research and controversies.